Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tess and Tucker Published?

Every time I get to work with the Kindergarten class at the preschool I work at I have to find new ways of keeping the "older" kids occupied. I've gotten to telling the kids stories about Tess and Tucker. I tell them how loud Tucker snores, how sweet Tess is, and how naughty they can be sometimes. The kids ask me everyday to tell them stories about Tess and Tucker. A few days ago, I noticed the kids playing "Tess and Tucker". Half of them were Tess and the other half was Tucker. The "grownups" would walk them around the school and feed them. I thought it was really interesting and funny. It was flattering that my puppies have had so much influence on them. I was talking to a parent the other day who told me she had heard about the infamous pets and mentioned, "You should start a book series about them for children". I am not a writer. I don't know if I could even do it, but it got my wheels turning. The kids all know my love for dogs and so whenever they bring a book to school, they make sure it's a dog book and always ask me to read it. The parents come to me for dog advice and the whole school gets worried when I called in late one day because Tess was sick in the morning. Maybe I should go somewhere with this? At least see what it could be all about...
What do you think? Do "The Adventures of Tess and Tucker", have potential?

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I think you should definitely do it. You may not be a writer, but you obviously have a knack for telling a compelling story - which you should be able to translate into written work.