Monday, August 23, 2010

Unique Me!

After a great weekend with the girls for Bumblebee SIL, I wanted to make sure to squeeze in a bit of time at Unique OC. It is put on by the same people who put on the Unique LA show. I was super excited as well because Manila Machine was going to be there, that's the first Filipino Food Truck.
It was really quiet when we got there, I hope it got busier later in the day...



Finally, the moment we had been waiting for...Manila Machine! 
We ordered the Chicken Adobo Slider. It was amazing! The chicken was tender and full of flavor along with the caramelized onions. The bun was toasted and sweet. I recommend this very much!
Mr. Bumblebee got the pork belly with pineapple and rice. The pork belly was quality meat. The pineapple gave it the perfect amount of sweetness with the rice.
Lastly, we couldn't leave a Filipino Food Truck without trying their Lumpia. 

They were sooo  yummy. Crunchy, thin, fried goodness with pork and carrots on the inside. I have to admit though, I think mine are better. But it's always easier to enjoy something you spend all afternoon making in the kitchen.

For dessert, the Unique OC didn't fail there. It's not quite a food truck, they are still working on their food truck, but Sweet Lucie's Ice Cream and Treats has an adorable ice cream stand.
The stand is owned by an adorable married couple who decided to make organic ice cream for their new baby daughter. They ended up making a small business. By the taste of their food and their sweet attitude and nature, I'm sure this stand will do extremely well!
We tried a lot of their flavors and they were all amazing! I settled on the Mint Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet since it started to get hot, I'm still craving it...
We had a good time there and  I hope it comes back again! In the meantime, I'm counting down the days till Unique LA. Make sure you check it out!

No comments: