Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Paging Dr. Bumblebee...

By the very end of 2009, I was ready to kick it to the curb. It wasn't a bad year, but it wasn't our best year either. On the 29th, poor Mr. Bumblebee got sick. Real sick. Like really really sick. By the next morning, he couldn't keep water down and we knew it was time to head off to the hospital. After 3 liters of saline and multiple tests, we were finally able to take him home.

I have to confess, I really think this was the first time I really FELT like a wife. Sure I cook us dinner, and I'm usually the one vacuuming...but I was Mr. Bumblebee's only advocate at the hospital and so I was chasing down nurses for more blankets, and for his hourly check ups. I was making the phone calls to family. And even though I knew he'd be fine at the end of the day, I was worried about him, immensely.
As soon as we got home, he went straight to sleep while I ran to the super market to stock up on all the necessities the doctors told me he needed to have. And I prepared the BEST thing for when you are sick.....
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

I actually don't think Chicken Noodle is the best, when I'm sick Pozole is what I want. But the doctor gave me strict orders to give him non-spicy clear liquid foods....

FYI: My chicken noodle turned out to be the best I had ever had.

Rest assured friends, Mr. Bumblebee is feeling like 100% now and back to eating solid, spicy foods.

No comments: