Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do it for the puppies!

One of my resolutions this year was to volunteer more and do a little more giving. Unfortunately my life is so busy fulfilling family and friend obligations, but I can still help by donating things to my favorite causes. If you haven't noticed by now, I am a big animal lover. Especially dogs. I've got all the paperwork to fill out to volunteer some time at the local shelter but until I can find some of that time, I can help out in other ways.
Most animal shelters are being cut back because of budget cuts, which is understandable. So they rely on people's generosity to provide the dogs the adequate care. My shelter provides a "Wishlist" with things that range from specific brand dog foods to gently used dog toys to newspapers and sharpies. Whenever I get the opportunity to get free dog food samples, or if I get them in the mail, I happily store them until I have enough and take them to the shelter. So next time you are going to throw out your newspaper or get rid of some towels that don't match...consider giving them to your local animal shelter.
Here is a list of the animal shelters in California....
Do it for the puppies...

No comments: