Monday, December 20, 2010

Gma!

My grandma is back from Mexico! Yay! She left in July after my grandpa died and her sister back in Mexico died shorty there after. I've been missing her so much and now that she's back in the States I can breath a sigh of relief. Through this whole thing with my grandpa being gone, staying together as a family seems to make it all hurt a little bit less. 

We picked her up from the airport and since we got there early, we decided to check out the new Encounter Restaurant and Bar. It was a pretty cool view on such a clear day. Mr. Bumblebee could have been there all day long. 
 The retro decor made me think of my sister...she'd have loved this place with a martini.
 It was all decked out for Christmas.


 Even the bathrooms had some flair.
 However the most precious moment of the day was watching my Grandma hold her great grandchild for the first time. It was not made a big deal at the moment, but I'm pretty sure we were all aware of how very precious this moment was.
 However I grabbed hold of that perfect baby as soon as there was a chance! I love this little girl so much, I don't know if she'll ever know.
We get to have my grandma here for quite sometime now and I'm anxious to spend every moment I can with her. While it was hard to know my grandpa will never hold this amazing little person, there is some comfort anyways. Where there is death...there will always be new life. Thanks cousin for keeping that going.

No comments: