Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Start of the Chaos...

We started off our Christmas Eve at the Bumblebee's house. MIL, SIL, and I finished up cooking brunch while the boys played with their fun RC control things...surprise surprise. 

There is no other way to start a party at 9:30am than with mimosas. Yay MIL for being prepared.
 Isn't this a beautiful table? The bells you see hanging everywhere are Wallace Jingle Bells. MIL collected them for every year her and FIL have been married...31 years. When Mr. Bumblebee and I first got married, she started buying one for us. It is such a sweet tradition and I love all of my Wallace Jingle Bells, all 4 of them.
 See? She has quite the collection...
 MIL is quite talented at decorating trees, this is my favorite one in the house I think.
 Esp. the Christmas tree topper. How cute is that?
 Her decor all over their house is so personal and intimate. Those are photos of our family.

Before the chaos begins...
 We all take our normal positions...
 The aftermath...
MIL and FIL were way to generous this year. Mr. Bumblebee and I must have been very good bees. While the gifts are great, I love the time we shared with them. We don't get to see them as often as we would like. But every time we do get together, it's a blast.
Out of the whole morning, my favorite part was when I opened a gift from FIL. Like most men, they rarely have any idea of what gifts their wives have bought for the family, but this year FIL bought me something himself. It was a beautiful pearl stretchy bracelet. Without getting too mushy, it meant a lot that he picked it out himself, and on top of that...it's gorgeous and I can't wait to wear it. Thanks Bumblebee FIL!
Stay tuned for more holiday parties...

No comments: