Sunday, December 12, 2010

Well-Thanks Heavens!

We were blessed with a dog with allergies. Poor Tessa has every kind of allergies. She's allergic to grass, certain shampoos, and worse...poultry. When she eats poultry her lips swell up and become very pink. She itches and scratches. It took us about one year to figure out what was causing the problems and when we finally did, we were so relieved we didn't have to watch our baby girl suffer anymore.

So keeping her on a strict diet of seafood to help downplay the other allergies is very important for her. While I wish I had the time/money to cook her fresh seafood on a daily basis, I don't. I am not overloaded with cash to pay for gourmet dog food either. She is like my child, but she is on a budget like the rest of us. Finding a dog food that would fit our budget and her dietary needs proved to be a frustrating task but we did succeed.
If your dogs have allergies, check into Wellness for them. I can't tell you how happy we were when we gave it a shot and realized it worked. The dogs have been on it for 2 years now and they poop once a day (a huge plus), they've maintained their exact weight for the last year, and their skin is in great condition. I wish someone would have let us know about it sooner. 

No comments: